Early On-Site Registration located at Arena Park in Cape Girardeau
On-site Registration located at Arena Park in Cape Girardeau
Robinson Construction Slam Dunk Contest
Gus Macker Tournaments will follow state and local health department COVID guidelines for holding safe, outdoor events.
- The onsite Player Registration process will be streamlined, allowing for a social distanced experience. The check-in system will be divided into separate Youth and Adult areas. Players can electronically sign their waivers online, before arriving at the tournaments, when they register at macker.com.
- Player and Spectator space around the basketball court will be marked for best social distancing practices.
- Tournaments may limit the number of teams allowed to play based on current COVID regulations.
- Macker will provide hand sanitizing stations and PPE supplies near each court.
- Gus Macker will provide full refunds to all teams registered for a tournament that is cancelled due to COVID issues.
Gus Macker, Cape Girardeau Team Up For Fun, Youth
Gus Macker Basketball, now in its 43nd year spans three generations of 3-on-3 basketball players finding enjoyment, exercise, competition and community closeness at above-the-rim levels. It’s still crazy fun after all these years.
Cape Girardeau is one of the newer kids on the block, with one successful Macker tournament under their belt and gearing up for an even bigger one this year! They are located on the banks of the Mississippi River about halfway between St. Louis and Memphis. Gus Macker is excited about a return visit.
The action will take place on custom Macker courts at the A.C. Brase Arena, 410 Kiwanis Dr., Cape Girardeau, MO, 63701, and registered officials will be on each court to help keep the competition fair and fun.
A Dream Court that gives special attention to the mini-Macker players, a Slam Dunk Contest, some “grudge matches” and other special events are being planned. You will not want to miss it. Register now!
Your community is bringing Macker to you and anybody from 7 to 70 and beyond can play. The unique Macker bracket system puts you in competition with teams of similar age, experience and even size, and even teams that struggle can win the “Toilet Bowl,” which is just one of the many cool trophies up for grabs.
Dress up in your latest hoops gear, and those of more experience dust off the Air Jordans or even Chuck Taylors, and get your game in shape. Bring the kids and yes, even the grandkids. Somewhere along the way a Gus Macker Tournament became one of the old-fashioned ways to have family fun and yet still remains cool. Embrace it again, or for the first time.
Need a place to stay? Check out our host hotel below!
- Drivers License
- Birth Certificate
- Report Card