COVID-19 Best Practices
Gus Macker Tournaments will follow state and local health department COVID guidelines for holding safe, outdoor events.
- The onsite Player Registration process will be streamlined, allowing for a social distanced experience. The check-in system will be divided into separate Youth and Adult areas. Players can electronically sign their waivers online, before arriving at the tournaments, when they register at macker.com.
- Player and Spectator space around the basketball court will be marked for best social distancing practices.
- Tournaments may limit the number of teams allowed to play based on current COVID regulations.
- Macker will provide hand sanitizing stations and PPE supplies near each court.
- Gus Macker will provide full refunds to all teams registered for a tournament that is cancelled due to COVID issues.
The Original 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
WHO ARE WE?
The Gus Macker Tournament is a local basketball tournament that provides an excellent opportunity for the Jackson community to come together and play some basketball. From age 7 to age 70, from short to tall, from the most experienced to the least, the Gus Macker Tournament is designed for people who love basketball. Whether a player or a spectater, Gus Macker has activities for all ages, and is a weekend filled with fun, family, and friends!
In the first two years, the tournament has donated over $6,000 to area non-profits and institutions that support and celebrate the game of basketball with us. Past donation recipients include the Lyle Torrant Center of the JCISD, Bright Walls, the Jackson RoseQueen Scholarship Pageant, the Napoleon High School Boys’ Basketball Team, and the Vandercook Lake High School Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball teams.
Gus Macker #JacksonMI weekend will bring over 1,000 athletes and 7,000+ fans to town to experience a weekend of basketball in the city. There are a lot of moving pieces to put this event on, from setup to breakdown, requiring over 150 volunteers throughout the weekend. If you or your organization is interesting in supporting the event, message GusMackerJXN@gmail.com
We will be managing through the mobile application BackPac, so download it from the App / Play Stores and stay connected for updates.
To kick off the 2020 Gus Macker in Jackson, local law enforcement officers and emergency responders will lace up their sneakers and tighten up their knee braces for a competitive tournament in the County National Bank Heroes Tournament! The tournament will take place on the Top Men’s Court and Dream Court on Friday, June 24 at 5:30p.
Last year, the Summit Fire Department took home the top prize, but the Jackson City Police Department, Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, Michigan State Police, and some additional departments are running drills all winter to ensure that Summit will be dethroned.
THINGS TO DO IN JACKSON
Whether you are visiting town for the first time or looking for new adventures in between gameplay, check out the sites below for the ultimate Jackson experience!
Julia van Reesema
Marketing and Communications Intern
MSU | Marketing email@example.com