INFORMATION AND ELIGIBILITY
Attention Parents and Coaches
This event is designed for all ages. Gus Macker and your local organizers want all participating youth and adults to have a positive, fun experience. In order for this to happen we ask that all coaches and parents play a spectator’s role only.
Please note that inappropriate language and/or behavior directed at players or officials will not be tolerated. Only one warning will be given. If the incident reoccurs, the adult involved will be asked to leave. Please help make this a positive event. Thank you in advance for your cooperation; we look forward to seeing you.
GusBusters are a very important part of the Gus Macker Tournament. They are an integral part of running a successful tournament.
- They have volunteered their entire weekend (12 hours per day), so that YOU can play in this tournament.
- They are not professional referees (only in the Top Men’s and the Women’s Divisions).
- They are not being paid. They receive a uniform and on-site meals for their time and efforts. They try to do their best. Please treat them with respect and extend a thank-you for a job well done. Suggestions, please see your local HeadBuster, SuperBuster or national Tournament Director.
PLAYER INFORMATION & ELIGIBILITY
- Each team must have four (4) players on their roster and be registered as a team by the predetermined entry deadline.Additions and/or changes on rosters will not be permitted under any circumstance after the entry deadline
- Players may appear on only one (1) team roster for each tournament. Any player appearing on more than one (1) team roster may be disqualified from participation in that tournament.
- As a general rule, teams are split into male and female divisions by computer analysis considering the average age, experience, and height of the players. Co-ed teams will automatically be scheduled in a male division using this same criteria.
- Identification for each player (e.g. birth certificate, drivers license, other photo ID, etc...) is required at on-site registration to verify information provided on the original team application (i.e. age, height, experience). ID bracelets will be issued at that time. The ID bracelet must be worn at all times to participate in a Macker contest. Players must be prepared to show identification throughout the tournament weekend.
- If any of a player’s personal information listed on the team application is inaccurate (e.g. age, height, experience), the player will be eliminated from participation in the tournament. Discovery at any time after registration of the player in question may also result in elimination of the whole team from further competition.
- Eligibility problems will be enforced from point of discovery. No replay of games or adjustments will be allowed for previous contests and standing involving the team in question.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON!!!
PLAYER SUBSTITUTION POLICY
ON or BEFORETHE ORIGINAL ENTRY DEADLINES:
- Player substitutions can be made as long as they are mailed and/or submitted online by the original postmark/online deadlines for that tournament. A form can be mailed to: Player Substitutions, 107 E Main St., Belding, MI 48809
- A processing fee of $5.00 per substitution is paid for each substitution submitted by regular mail.
- Since these substitutions are being made by the original entry deadlines, there are no restrictions on substitutions made.
Teams that signed up originally through the online registration process can make roster changes before the entry deadline at no extra cost using their password provided when they registered.
AFTER THE ORIGINAL ENTRY DEADLINES:
Teams are allowed to make one (1) player substitution after the entry deadline under the following guidelines:
- The substitution must be received in the Macker office in Belding no later than 5:00 pm (EST) on the Tuesday prior to the tournament weekend.
- A substitution form (available by calling the Macker office at 616-794-1445 or online at www.macker.com) must be faxed to 616-794-1472 or submitted online by Tuesday as stated above in number 1 (we will not accept forms sent by regular mail after the original entry deadline).
- The ‘new’ player added to the roster must be the same age, same height or shorter, and have the same or less playing experience as the replaced player. Gus Macker reserves the right to deny any substitution that does not meet these requirements.
- A processing fee of $25.00 is to be paid only by credit card when submitting the substitution form (no other form of payment will be accepted). Note: If the credit card payment is declined for any reason, the substitution will not be allowed.
- Macker Headquarters will email you a formal confirmation that you substitution has been approved.
Some tournaments may limit the number of teams that participate in a particular event. In that case, if the tournament has reached its limit prior to the original entry deadlines, the earlier date will be the ‘cut-off’ for this player substitution policy.
JUNIOR DIVISIONS (18 years of age and below)
As a general rule, teams are placed into male and female divisions according to pre-established age categories, as follows: 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18.
Any co-ed teams registered to play will automatically be schedule in a male division based on criteria listed above.
- The age of the players is determined as of Saturday of the event weekend.
- To ensure proper placement of team, all four (4) players must fit within the established age category. If a player does not meet the age requirement, your team will be placed into the category of the oldest player.
Every effort will be made to place teams into these age categories. Gus Macker will change or combine age categories only when not enough teams have entered to complete an age division. In a few instances, Gus Macker may have to create co-ed within these age categories.
ADULT DIVISIONS (Ages 19 & Over)
As a general rule, Adult teams are computer-matched into divisions according to average age, height and playing experience of all four(4) players. Most divisions will have between 16-20 teams.
30 AND OVER DIVISIONS:
Teams will be placed into pre-established age brackets as follows: 30-34, 35-39, 40 and over.
- The age of the players is determined as of Saturday of the event weekend.
- To ensure proper placement of your team, please make sure that all four (4) players fit the established age category.
- If a player does not meet the age requirement, your team will be placed into the category of your youngest player.
Every effort will be made to place teams into these age categories. Gus Macker will change or combine age categories only when not enough teams have entered to complete an age division.
TOP DIVISIONS (Most experienced level of play)
Eligibility of Amateur Athletes:
- Gus Macker is not responsible for players violating state high school or NCAA rules.
- Prep Athletes (Jr. High & High School)
As a general rule, interscholastic basketball players are eligible to participate in Gus Macker tournaments. Players should, however, check with their Coach/Athletic Director to ensure compliance with your state’s rules and regulations. College:
- Current intercollegiate basketball players are permitted to participate in Gus Macker Tournaments held between June 15 and August 31.
- A letter from the athlete’s college or university’s athletic department must be sent to Gus Macker granting permission to participate in a Macker event. In addition, no more than one player from any one college team can appear on a Macker roster.
There are no restrictions on the participation of Division III student-athletes in outside basketball competition during the summer. Also, the player limitation from any one college team does NOT apply to Division II or Division III student-athletes.